Views
Helpful
Replies

software conference limits...

apasten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I'm kinda confused about the capabilities of the software conference on callmanager. All the documentation talks about that the Voice Media Streaming running on the Callmanager should not exceed the limit of 48 participants, but on the design guide of IP Telephony for CCM 3.1 and 3.2, the maximum is 24.

But the most important question is: how much participants per conference (Ad-Hoc and Meet-me) should support a Voice Media Streaming running co-resident? All documents says that maximum is 6 (Design Guide), but on the Service Parameters of the CCM, Ad-Hoc conf has a default of 4 and Meet-me has a default of 10. So, shall we support more than 6 participants per conference? There is some documentation that validates that?

TIA

Andres Pasten

Internship SE, Cisco Systems Chile

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

The limits for the software conferences are:

* Up to 128 full-duplex streams are configurable.

* With 128 streams, a software conference media resource can handle 128 users in a single conference or

* With 128 streams, a software conference media resource can handle up to 42 conferencing resources with three users per conference

This information is validated by the following document.

Media Resource Management

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4cb4.html#39644

I would like to use a MCS 7835-1266 server running as a CM 3.3 Publisher in a 950-phone environment to service 10 ad-hoc software conference sessions at a maximum of 6 participants for each session, which totals to 60 users. This is strictly G.711 with no transcoding required. Has anyone done this before & what is the performance on the Publisher and the conference users?

Thanks