Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Solaris/Linux version for Call Manager

Does anybody know if/when a solaris or linux version of call manager is being released?

4 REPLIES

Re: Solaris/Linux version for Call Manager

No news, I thought you were kidding. It would be nice, but I don't think Cisco will do it. Note that even the HW platform, the PC, must be an MCS so that NT would be stable ;-).

Cisco Employee

It's been asked before and it will be asked again. The answer is that there are no committed plans to do this. But as we have seen time and again that doesn't mean it won't happen.

There is no way to predict when it may happen if it actually will happen at some point.

If you have a strong business case then contact your account team and they can bring the case to marketing.

David,

On a slightly different subject, do you know if/when numbering plans other than NANP will be supported on the Call Manager? I am running 3.07 in the UK and the call manager will only begin the call setup [i.e. send the H323 SETUP message to the gateway] after the interdigit timer expires. The default for TimerT302 [interdigit] is 10s and it's not viable to bring this down much further since this makes timeout before end of dialling more likely.

This also effects the usability of ART since this tool cannot distinguish between internal/local/national/international calls with the current restriction.

Thanks in advance...Vik

Cisco Employee

You will need to confirm this from your account team, but I think the NP files are going to be extensible for different countries in the next major release (CallManager 3.1). That may have changed or still could change, so as I said please have your account team find out the real story for you.

In the meantime, you can include the # key at the end of your Route Patterns, e.g.

9.00!

and

9.00!#

Then at least the users can press the # key at the end of the dialing and the call will route immediately without waiting for T.302 to expire.

As far as whether ART will support new NP files or not, I do not know that either. You will want to direct that to your account team also.

They should be able to get in touch with the marketing and engineering groups that are in charge of these features and find out when things will be available, or at least a ball-park figure.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content