cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some DSPs in a CMM are in recvonly mode - problem?

ncr_bd180003
Level 1
Level 1

sess_id conn_id profile stype mode codec pkt vad

33557373 33745937 4 xcode recvonly g711u 20 off

33557373 33745905 4 xcode recvonly g729b 20 off

Here is the first few lines of my show dspfarm connections command. I'm wondering how a DSP gets in recvonly mode and how do I reset or kill the particular session without having to reload the entire CMM? (I have a bunch of T1s that I'd rather not bring down).

Thanks in advanced.

1 Reply 1

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The recvonly status is for that particular connection. This is usually not an issue with the DSP hardware. So, resetting will most likely not help.

couple of things to check are:

1. Ip connectivity for the xcode devices. (use the fast ethernet interface, not the gigE). Can you ping the phones or GW, as the case may be?

2. are dsp packets going up in both directions.. tx and rx? If they are not going up in a particular direction, then try to do a "debug mediacard all" to see if there are any problems. A "debug ip rtp pack" might also help - caution, very verbose.

3. Make sure you have the latest version of CMM software. There have been some major fixes in the latest version.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: