Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Some Local Calls Won't Go Through

When calling a few local numbers we get, "The # you have reached is not in service. This is a recording". The phone number we are calling is 703-412-1XXX. When I dial other numbers in the 703-412 range the call goes through. I know of 3 specific numbers that we can't reach. All of them begin with 703-412-1xxx.

I can reach all of the numbers on a POTS line (same LEC) and I can reach them using a cell phone.

I worked with our LEC last night and was told that the error coming back shows:

Message Type : SCP_X Release MSG

Cause : UNASSIGNED_NUMBER_CSE

Cause Location : USER

Generated locally or remotely : REMOTE

It looks as though our CM thinks this number is internal and unassigned. The technician asked me if the company I was calling is located in our building which it isn't.

I have looked through all of the route patterns and can't find any reason that the call wouldn't go through.

Ideas?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Some Local Calls Won't Go Through

The record message that you are getting is a TELCO message, I'm sure that if you run a debug in the GW you will see the call, if this is the case CCM is doing his job and sending the call. Also if you see that the disconnect reason is from the PSTN the TELCO is the culprit.

You could post the debugs and CCM detailed traces to show you that.

Here's the trace. Looking at the dialing pattern 9.@ looks fine but the next line says Dialing Pattern Regular Expression = (9)([2-9][02-9]X)(XXXX) and I can see the problem there. Is that the culprit? If so, where/how can I change that pattern?

CallingPartyNumber=70343XXXXX

|DialingPartition=RSTN-6608-T1-PSTN

|DialingPattern=9.@

|DialingRoutePatternRegularExpression=(9)([2-9][02-9]X)(XXXX)

|DialingWhere=

|PatternType=National

|PotentialMatches=PotentialMatchesExist

|DialingSdlProcessId=(0,0,0)

|PretransformDigitString=97034121

|PretransformTagsList=ACCESS-CODE:OFFICE-CODE:SUBSCRIBER

|PretransformPositionalMatchList=9:703:4121

|CollectedDigits=7034121

|UnconsumedDigits=

|TagsList=OFFICE-CODE:SUBSCRIBER

|PositionalMatchList=703:4121

|VoiceMailbox=

|VoiceMailCallingSearchSpace=CoS 3-IPMA RP:Generated_IPMA_Everyone:CoS 1- Lobby Phone:CoS 2-Line1:CoS 7-Line1:Voicemail:MWI:RSTN-6608-T1-PSTN:RSTN-6608-T1-AvayaPBX:CoS 2-Line2:CoS 7-Line2:CoS 2-Line3:CoS 2-Line4

|VoiceMailPilotNumber=41000

|DisplayName=

|RouteBlockFlag=RouteThisPattern

|RouteBlockCause=0

|InterceptPartition=

|InterceptPattern=

|InterceptWhere=

|InterceptSdlProcessId=(0,0,0)

|InterceptSsType=0

|InterceptSsKey=0

|OverlapSendingFlagEnabled=0

|WithTags=

|WithValues=

|CallingPartyNumberPi=NotSelected

|ConnectedPartyNumberPi=NotSelected

|CallingPartyNamePi=NotSelected

|ConnectedPartyNamePi=NotSelected

|CallManagerDeviceType=NoDeviceType

|PatternPrecedenceLevel=Routine

|CallableEndPointName=[9270C539-F8C9-4CE8-A9D0-3A695A0D0680]

|PatternNodeId=[2C0F2B4B-8A38-4150-B180-0CE68641FF74]

|AARNeighborhood=[]

|AlternateMatches= Information Not Available

Silver

No, that is ok, all of your outbound calls would look the same at this place - what you really want to do is do isdn q931 debug on the router and make sure you are sending the call over to the PSTN - it seems you must be, or they would not be able to tell you the clear - so it is not you who think it is unassigned, the problem would be wherever the telco sends it next on its way to the destination number. We had a problem a lot like this, and the issue turned out to be the receiving side had calls restricted, and we were not sending a valid calling party number. You could try setting a calling party number on your gateway, so all calls look like they are coming from that, make it your main number or something, and see if the calls are accepted then.

Mary Beth

Silver

Also, if you capture that debug isdn q931 and post it here, we can see if there is anything funny about the call when it goes out, stripped numbers or anything.

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies