Views
Helpful
Replies

some voice channel don´t work in a E1

m.yamaguchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ! People,

Well, I have configured the NM-HDV-E1-30 using total channel available ( 30 channel ) but some channel ( like a 4 channel ) don´t work. The rest of the channel is operate without problem, but when our try to use these channel, it´s occupped but don´t completed the conversation ( the call do not completed ).

The status of the voice channel when we occupped are up/up but the status do not return to up/dorm when we return the phone. ( the corresponding channel for the PBX entry always in blocked ).

Anyone have any suggestion ?

Thanks,

Marcelo Yamaguchi

2 Replies 2

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

What model router and version of IOS ?

There are some IOS issues w/the NM-HDV with DSPs timing out and not responding, etc. One of the more common DSP timeout issues was fixed in 12.2(6a) but there have fixes since then to but I haven't really ran into those yet.

You can do this command to test your dsp to see if all of them are alive.

term mon

test dsp (slot # of controller) then option 1

option 2 will show you detailed info on what voice-ports are mapped to what DSP id. each PVDM-12 for example has 3 DSP ids.

If it is the DSP timeout issue you should have log entries in the log for each attempted call to a DSP that is timed out. entry will start with VTSP DSP TIMEOUT. Rebooting the router usually brings the DSPs to life for a few hours then they time out again until you get a fixed IOS on the router.

HTH, Erick

Hi ! Erick,

Thanks for your comments ..... Well, the router that we used is a 2610 with the following IOS: "flash:c2600-is-mz.122-12.6".

I made the test with the command : test dsp 1 with option 1 and 2 and all the dsp status are alive, but some voice channel ( 2 channel voice ) still have problems.

Thanks for all !!!

Regards,

Marcelo Yamaguchi