Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

somes questions about WFQ and Per-Hop Behavior

Hi !

I'm currently self studding for my CCNP ONT certification Exam.

I read the official certification guide for this exam from Cisco Press. But, some point are still confuse for me :

1- Why WRED is most deploy on cores devices then all devices in Enterprise Network ? (The author saied :"Because WRED is usually applied to network core router....") And which implementation of congestion management system I should deploy on none core device, because thoses can also experience congestion in some point of the day and tail drop should be avoid also on thoses (distribution and access devices) devices also if I understand correctly ?

2- I understand WRED is an evolution of RED. Is still exist some reason to choose to use RED over WRED ? If WRED is available in device, is the RED is also available ? In my book in the example it say to activate WRED the command is RANDOM-DETECT, what about to activate RED ?

3- I'm confused about "class selector Per-Hop Behavior", if I'm understand correctly, We have 8 sub-classes "class selector Per-Hop Behavior" for each : Default Per-Hop Behavior, Assured Forwarding 1 to 4, and Expedited Forwarding, where the lowest value have higher probability to be drop. The class "class selector Per-Hop Behavior" work in the inverse of there parent where the highest value have higher probability to be drop.

in the exemple (copied from the book) how the preference of dropping is selected :

"

random-detect dscp-based

random-detect dscp af21 32 40 10

random-detect dscp af22 28 40 10

random-detect dscp af23 24 40 10

random-detect dscp cs2 22 40 10

"

I'm correctly understand how I should interpret the "random-detect dscp af" in comparaison of each other but, I don't understand where the I should place the "random-detect dscp cs2" with regard to the others.

Thanks a lot in advanced for your help !

Excuse my Engliash, but I'm a French people !

Views
Helpful
Replies