Views
Helpful
Replies

Sophos Antivirus !!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I knew CallManager support AntiVirus (Norton, McCafee, Micro Trend, and CA).

My question is that due to political reason, we are going to switch from Norton to Sophos.

Stuipd question... is there anyone install Sophos in CallManager without any problem, even Cisco is not supported.

Is Sophos going to support CCM future??

Thanks

2 Replies 2

hindsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Personally, I think it would be dangerous to install a non supported application. If you get problems the TAC may not want to touch it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_bulletin0900aecd800f8572.html

Can't you use the above document as ammunition to stick with a supported application and leave your CallManager cluster as a technoology "island". Surely you are not being pushed into a situation that risks disruption to a live telephony service !

cheers

Chris

I agree with Chris. Tell your management that if they are going to force you to install unsupported software onto your CallManager server, and if it introduces instability to your system, then they're simply getting what they deserve.

Sorry, I'm particularly irritated by Pointy-Haired Bosses who seem to want to find ways to sabotage the work of their employees.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: