Views
Helpful
Replies

sorry goodbye is busy or does not answer

graeme-watson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unity 3.1.5 server. Customer was attempting to set up a mailbox to play a message and then hang up and made some changes in the SA.

Now when a caller finishes leaving a message or timeouts out after being prompted for an entry they hear - 'sorry goodbye is busy or does not answer'

The goodbye handler is setup for 'after greeting send caller to hang up'.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Graeme

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's what the system does when it goes to play a greeting for a call handler and either the active greeting is empty or the "system greeting" radio button is selected - the voice name of the call handler ("goodbye" in this case) is used to construct a canned greeting.

i suspect they fiddled with the say goodbye call handler where all calls are sent after the message completes by defautl - you can check to be sure the alternate greeting is enabled and recorded on that handler to avoid this.

So, if I enable the alternate greeting then this will resolve the issue?

Thanks

Well, not being on your system or being able to confirm the problem I can't really give you such firm reassurances. I suspect, however, that's the case based on what I have here. Make sure the greeting is _Recorded_ as well, not just enabled - if it's enabled and empty you'll get this same behavior.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: