cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sorry, this message is no longer available"

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

This is the message we are getting when messages are left in the operator's mailbox. All other messages appear to be working fine. <br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

I'm going to need some more detail here... What version of Unity are you running?

this message is being heard when you LEAVE the message for the operator or RETRIEVE it later? Walk me through the scenario in detail.

Also, are there any application event log errors that shed any light on this?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

We are running 2.4.5(57). This message is being heard when the operator mailbox is checked through either the example administrator or through any account that is part of that distribution group. It gives the time of the message, and then plays the "this message is no longer available" routine.

I can't recreate the problem, because whenever I call from outside or anywhere else, the message I leave is retrievable as normal. We seem to get about 4 messages a day that gives us this message. I sifted through the event log and there are no event errors logged.

Not applicable

Hmmm... the only time that message should come up is if you entered your message stack over the phone and then the message or messages in question are moved from the inbox (i.e. via Outlook at the desktop). We've gotten a list of the messages in the inbox and are presenting them, when we run into one no longer available to us in the inbox, we play that prompt and move to the next one.

I'm not sure why you'd be seeing this unless someone is accessing that message box at about the same time as you're checking the messages over the phone.

I'll have the conversation folks look for other triggers for that message, but one of the things that would be helpful here is to access your inbox (or the Example Administrator's inbox I suppose) using Outlook when this happens and see if there is a message there at all and if there is, if there's something unusual about the attatchement (i.e. maybe it's very short or completely empty or something along those lines). That should at least give us some clues to work with.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Just as a follow up... the conversations guys looked into the code and came up with a couple of scenarios that might cause this message to kick up:

1. The message has been removed after you entered your stack (I mentioned this one in the last post). I'm kinda doubting that's the case here, though.

2. The mailbox in question is full. Exchange wont let us mark messages read/unread (or change it's state in any way) when it considers a person's inbox full. If we can't change it's state, we back out with that error message and move on. I can't think of any other reason why we'd be restricted from marking a message as read or unread other than the inbox being full.

3. The message stream on the WAV file is invalid for some reason. This is why I want to see if you can actually get a message that does this from the inbox for us. Normally, however, this will result in an error being logged to the application event log from the MIU.

Let me know if you can repro this for me and get us a WAV file from a message that's throwing this error.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)