Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Sorry, this system is unable to complete your call

Whenever a user logs into the system after entering the correct password, or a guest attempts to leave a message the Unity server responds with: "Sorry, this system is unable to complete your call, please call again later" It then hangs up. Everything else seems to be operating okay, but what good is a voice mail system that won't take messages... It's a four port system connect to an ICS7750. Any suggestions ?<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Sorry, this system is unable to complete your call

Whenever you get the "failsafe" conversation like that, an error is logged in the Application event log with some more information about what caused the error and possibly the name of a file that contains a dump our developers can look at (although that's not normally the case). Start there, it should give you a pretty good clue as to what's happening.

Based on the fact that both subscribers checking their messages and users leaving messages are both getting routed to the failsafe, I'm going to guess that the MAPI profile got hosed up somewhere along the line (i.e. someone toasted it or yanked the accont out from under us etc...). Without MAPI flying right we can't get any access to folks' mailboxes which pretty much makes us a pretty big paper weight.

If that's the case, you can delete the message profile (assuming you have Outlook installed you can get at this via the mail/fax app in the control panel) and deleted the "Unity messaging system" account created in the recipients container (if it's not already gone). If you then reboot we'll automatically recreate both the account and the profile at startup. Folks monkey with that account/profile so often we had to build it into our startup process to take care of it. I would start there if the event log doesn't point you elsewhere.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I deleted the Unity profile and restarted the server and all is well. Thank you very much, yet I am still concerned about how that happened, at least I know where to look if it happens again.

Anonymous
N/A

Lots of reasons that profile can get hosed up... the most common is installing any number of MS applications (i.e. Outlook Express) or allowing them to configure themselves as the "default" anything. MS has tried to handle multiple MAPI DLLs on the same server since different applications they provide use different interfaces. They set up a "stub" MAPI DLL that acts as sort of a traffic cop to direct the various MAPI applications to the right DLL.

Not the smoothest or the best approach, but it's what they went with. The INI file this guy uses to keep track of everyone can easily (and does) get fouled up and Unity ends up getting rocketed to the wrong MAPI.DLL. Our initalization process puts things back in order when we recreate the profile.

There's other reasons why this can happen, but that's the most common.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content