cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sound board

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

i have a stand alone Unity/exchange and the customer is not using outlook and is on a different network. can i install a sound board and drivers to the dell 2400 Unity server to listion to the unaddressed messages box with my admin cliant in exchange. This will be used along with limits in exchange and where messages that are not sent because that box is over its limits and the message is sent to the unaddressed message DL.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

I'll chat with the hardware guys, but Dell didn't support any sound cards in their 2300 servers at all. I'm not sure what the issue was there. The 2400s might not have an issue, I'm not sure.

Either way, it seems to me it'd be easier to simply use the telephone (i.e. TRAP) from local server to get at your messages. Install VMO on the Unity server (if it's not already), open an outlook profile for the user that's getting those messages (by default the Example Administrator account) and use TRAP to play them back.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks Jeff... my Unity did not come with any VMO Lic. but i installed VMO and it works and i can play to a phone from the server.....thanks again Jeff