Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Speaking of trunks......

Hello all,

I recently saw a suggestion for migration off of one CM to another to do a trunk between the 2 CMs and then you should be able to take phones off of the old CM and put them on the new CM and since there is a trunk in place you should be able to make calls to and from each cluster. Is it really as simple as that? My scenario has the CM servers on the same LAN. The same range of DNs will be on both servers but of course any DNs will only exist on one server or the other. WIll I still have to do route patterns and the like?

Thanks in advance to all who reply

All replies rated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Speaking of trunks......

An intercluster trunk would work. You would need to configure router patterns to route the appropriate DNs across the trunk. Take a look at the following link regarding trunk configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edb8b.html#wp1017915

Brandon

3 REPLIES

An intercluster trunk would work. You would need to configure router patterns to route the appropriate DNs across the trunk. Take a look at the following link regarding trunk configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edb8b.html#wp1017915

Brandon

so if I am moving phones all in the same range then I would have a route pattern for each DN?

You wouldn't need one for each DN. If you moved DNs 1000 - 1009 you could configure a route pattern of 100X. If you were moving DNs 1000 - 1099, your route pattern would be 10XX.

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content