Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

special requirement for the mailbox

My customer has a special requirement, they don't want the mailbox has the capability to leave message when they are on vacation but they want the mailbox still can play the greeting. I think I can configure the storage limit on the Exchange. Except this, any other solution?

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: special requirement for the mailbox

A better way to do that is to set the after greeting action for the subscriber to something other than the default of "take a message" - this way outside callers can't leave messages (however subscribers can still leave them messages).

yes, you can configure the message store limits (in 4.0(3) you can do this via the SA, prior to that you have to do it in Exchange directly). This isn't the best method of restricting messages while a person is in vacation since outside callers wont necessarily know the user isn't getting a message they left.

Re: special requirement for the mailbox

We are also adding new features into the Unity 4.0(4) release that will let you configure this even better. The feature is being called - enhanced alternate greetings. The admin could setup the mailbox in a way that when the alternate greeting is turned on, the callers will not be allowed to leave messages.

Views
Helpful
Replies