Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Spectralink & CallManager

Hi, i have buy 2 Spectralink Ip Phone (PTB510) to make working with Callmanager 3.1. There aren't any documentation into phone and Spectralink haven't any support into web site. Can someone help me how to configure these devices with Callmanager ? There are any docs. Spectralinks or Cisco to make they work with Callmanager ?

Thanks in advance

Community Member

Re: Spectralink & CallManager

I had the excactly the same problem with the PTB700. No documentation and no support/documentation on the web site. I mailed Spectralink and they send me all the documentation. Spectralink explained me, that all the documentation comes with the SVP (Spectralink Voice Priority) Server. This server gives you QoS on 802.11 and is needed till QoS is a standard on 802.11 (802.11e standard) For now to work with the Spectralink IP Phone's you need a SVP server (I believe $2150) I have put the Phone's back in the box and will wait maybe for a year?

Community Member

!! I don't want believe to that !!!

So what i can do with these 2 phone ??

Put into top of my Cristmas Tree ??

SVP server is Hardware or Software ?

Into data sheet of Spectralink there aren't any indication about neede of SVP server.

Please can so you kindly to send to my email documentations that you have received ??

Community Member

Please email me and I will help you. Are you a authorized partner? If so you get access to a website that contains everything you need. You have the wrong phone(PTB510). It should be PTB700.

Thanks, Mike

CreatePlease to create content