Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Speech to Text

Two issues:<br>Is it possible to not have the email messages be included in the "new messages/saved messages" tally at the greeting when logging into voicemail?<br><br>Second issue is that new emails are triggering the MWI lamp on the phones. Users don't want the MWI on unless it's a voicemail.<br><br>No doubt this is just a "train the end user" problem, but any solutions?<br><br>Jason Roysdon, CCDP/CCNP:Security, MCSE, CNA<br>Network Engineer<br>NetsWork, Inc.<br>

2 REPLIES

Re: Speech to Text

It is possible to not announce new Emails. This can be done from the SA or from the AA.

Under the Subscriber configuration, goto Conversation. Uncheck "Announce total number of new messages" and check "Announce total number of voice messages". I recommend playing with these settings to find what you like best.

Another way would be to remove the TTS option from the subscribers Class of Service, but they will not be able to use TTS anymore.

As far as the MWI problem goes, this should not happen. Does this happen for all emails? Do these emails have a message class other than IPM.Note?

-Dustin

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Speech to Text

Unless those emails have a message class of IPM.Note.Voice.Unity it's not turning the lamp on. The notifier will not trigger any MWI activity for non voice mail messages other than perhaps NDRs.

I'm often asked for the ability to turn lamps on for faxes and or emails or urgent emails etc... it's not possible at this point so you must be seing something different. Can you check the email stack using Outlook for one of these users when the lamp goes on and they think it might be an email? Look through all the new (unread) messsages and eyeball their type... if they're all IPM.Note, I'll be pretty supprised.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies