Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Speed Dial time delay programming

We have migrated from a PBX system to a Cisco VOIP system. In our old PBX (analog) system we were able to program time delay sequences, i.e. a dial sequence of 8 numbers; time delay 2 seconds; another dial sequence of 6 numbers; timedelay 3 seconds. These were used to access an analog page-bridge (motorola) for sending tones to pagers. I have looked in the IP telephony manuals I`ve been given (Cisco IP Phone 7941) but have not found any way to create time delays in dial strings to accomodate access between the digital phones and these older analog devices. I am not a systems technician and our systems folks have no idea on how to do this. Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem & found a solution? Thanx in advance.

Cordell

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Speed Dial time delay programming

sorry, not possible. CUCM does not have any character that stands for a delay when dialing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanx, I kind of suspected this.

Cordell

For connecting to old analog paging systems, you can use TCL scripts on voice gateways that send out the called party number as DTMF sequences, supporting any type of delay or additional special characters.

Cheers,

Tolga

Views
Helpful
Replies