Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed dialling/Translation Patterns??

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure the following. I'm using 3.1(4b).

A user commonly dials numbers in a particular country. For example, they commonly dial 00411279XXXX numbers. However, on there old phone system, they had it set up so that they simply dialled #800, followed by the 4 digit local extension. That is, they dial #800 instead of the 00411279, and then enter the remaining 4 digits.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lopezasp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can make that possible using the route pattern but in different approach. Instead of dialing #800, you can assign 8 to get outside dialtone or if you dont want to here a dial tone you can uncheck "provide outside dialtone" followed by the Pattern ex. [8.XXXX] then point to the right gateway. Then on the Prefix side enter 00411279. Please make sure to use predot in order to disregard number 8. In this scenario if you dial 89999 for example the call manager will forward 00411279999 to your gateway.

Hope this will help you,

Andy

View solution in original post

You can also use #800 instead of just an 8 giving the customer what he really wants.

If you don't want to use a route pattern you can also use a transaltion pattern

have fun

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lopezasp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can make that possible using the route pattern but in different approach. Instead of dialing #800, you can assign 8 to get outside dialtone or if you dont want to here a dial tone you can uncheck "provide outside dialtone" followed by the Pattern ex. [8.XXXX] then point to the right gateway. Then on the Prefix side enter 00411279. Please make sure to use predot in order to disregard number 8. In this scenario if you dial 89999 for example the call manager will forward 00411279999 to your gateway.

Hope this will help you,

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Although it's slightly different to what my customer wants, it looks like it'll do the job, so that should suffice. I'll give it a go and let you know.

Thanks again.

Azam

You can also use #800 instead of just an 8 giving the customer what he really wants.

If you don't want to use a route pattern you can also use a transaltion pattern

have fun

Thanks guys,

I set up a translation pattern and it worked a treat.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: