Helpful
Replies

splitting ISDN pri with different phone numbers

aalbler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we've the following requirement:

We use a cisco2620 router with nm-1hdv and vwic-1mft-e1 as our gateway to the ISDN network.

Our provider assigned two different numbers to this PRI:

1234 for b-channels 1 to 8

5678 for b-channels 9-31

Incoming calls are no problem, but how do I make the router to use only b-channel 1-8 when there are outgoing calls FROM 1234.

E.g. callmanager sends as calling number 1234 to the gateway. The 2620 gateway should only use b-channels 1-8 in this case.

If the callmanager uses 5678 as calling-number only b-channels 9-31 should be used by the gateway.

Any help is VERY MUCH appreciated!

Alex

4 Replies 4

sdrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Alex

I do not believe this is possible.

A PRI is seen as a single interface with 30 channels. It is only addressed as a single port. The only element configurable is to start at channel 1and go up or channel 30 and go down

Hi,

feared about that.

Maybe there is somebody from CISCO around who's knows if this feature is on a roadmap.

Some legacy PBX like Alcatel, SIEMENS do support that feature.

gviera
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a AS5300, I dont really know if you could use the commands of my OS but in the AS5300 I use the ds0-group command, where I assign a pots dial-peer for origination and another pots for termination. for each pots I assign a group of timeslots. For origination I have 1-5 channels, and the others of my E1 for termination.

I hope this could help, anyway there is a lot of information at the cisco documents. try to search for port configuration for 2620.

Hi,

do you use ISDN?

I thought ds0-channels are only possible without isdn signalling.

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: