Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SQL Memory Leak

After watching 2 unity servers in failover mode, I have noticed that there is a steady increase in the memory that the SQL process is taking up. I have done some research on Microsoft web and it appears that MDAC 2.7 fixes this problem. I know that Cisco is not supporting SP3 for 2000 yet, but is anyone loading SP3 or has anyone seen this problem?

1 REPLY

Re: SQL Memory Leak

this is not to say you do not have a problem but many times when engineers are new to Win2k/EX2k/SQL they get worried when their store,exe or slqservr.exe process starts using alot of memory. This is the nature of both of these databases and many more times than not it is behaving as it should rather than being a memory leak. again not to discount your issue if there is one. For example one of my call managers sql 7.0 sqlservr.exe is using 244mb according to task manager when it was using 190 the same time yesterday and there is nothing going on with it. I do not have a memory leak. On one of my exchange2k servers store.exe is using 985mb available memory

. These are not leaks . if i doubled my ram for 512 to 1 gig in my unity box right now with sql2k sqlservr.exe would jump up probably 80-120 mb of use in less than 24 hrs just because it will use it if it is available and it can function just as well with much less if other apps need it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q321363

http://www.exchangefaq.org/managing/0009.php3

this behaviour goes back a way for both exchnage and SQL

the referenced exchange article speaks of 5.5 and with EX2k this is even more noticeable in my experience.

Views
Helpful
Replies