Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL query from IP Phone

I am trying to create a service that searches an SQL database for user lookup. Has anyone tried doing this? If so, can anyone provide me with some documentation or examples of what they did? I have tried a few things, but am having problems. Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: SQL query from IP Phone

Not quite sure what it is that you're looking for here.

Are you wondering how to query an SQL database using ASP, or JSP, etc? A google search will turn up a huge amount of info on that.

Or are you looking for something more CallManager-specific?

since you're posting your query hear, one would assume you are referring to cisco call manager users. on call manager, the users are not stored in the SQL database. the nest way to access call manager is to use the AXL/SOAP interface. you need to obtain some software for putting your queries together, but it all works pretty well ...

c

I am trying to create an application that is completely independant on CCM. It is interfacing with a separate SQL server that is currently in use for another lookup system we have. I am trying to develop an application for the IP Phone to do the same. Whatever method though that would be best to interface with the remote SQL server, I am up for suggestions. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content