Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Scheduled Job Failing

I'm seeing this error popping up every hour in the application event log. Obviously the SQL job is failing, but does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Error:

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Monitor Disk Space'-Status:Failed-Invoked on 2006-6-9 09:00:02-Message:The job failed. The job was invoked by Schedule 32 (Schedule 1). The last step to run was step 2 (Truncate CCM Log).

Any ideas are appreciated.

4 REPLIES

Re: SQL Scheduled Job Failing

Hi,

Same issue here, I'm running CCM 4.1(3)sr3a w OS 2000.2.7sr8. Please let me know if you find something.

Thanks.

CSCsd20373:

CallManager upgraded to a new major version. Example:

4.0(2)->4.1(3).

Trigger is the server being listed by IP address in CCMAdmin under system->server. Clusters with servers listed by hostname should not have this problem.

Workaround:

The 'Optimize Config DB' step is pointing to an old CCM database. In Enterprise Manager, , Management, Jobs select Optimizations for CIPT. Select the step for 'Optimize Config DB'. Edit the step and make sure the ccm03xx database listed there is correct for your current version of CallManager. Verify the current CCM database name by logging into CCMAdmin and cilcking the details button.

Let me know if this helps.

//Jorge

There is also this bug: CSCsc55053

Upgrading to BARS version 4.0.8 from 4.0.7 causes the CCM and CDR database owner to be changed to unknown. This results in the SQl server Scheduled job " Monitor Disk space" to fail.

Workaround:

Run the following command to change the database owner:

In SQL analyzer, Run this command:

use

sp_changedbowner '\'

Ahh, so that's the bug number.

Came across this last week. Had to hunt around for a solution which ended up being exactly what you've got above. Worked great for me.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content