cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL Update scripts for CCM Database

vk
Level 1
Level 1

How safe/unsafe is it to make and use your own scripts to update/change the configuration for users/phones in the CCM database (given that you know sql quite well). The fields I would for example like to change are: Calling Search Space for all call forward settings, Phone Services Subscriptions, Media Resource Group and audio source for phones, External Data locations and so on.

Is there some documentation for the structure of the database that is how all the tables are linked to each other

Thanks,

Vidir

6 Replies 6

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I would personally suggest against it doing it. Anytime you do things like this you will have to at least stop the ccm service and sometimes much more to the get the changes to take effect. Is there something you want to change that BAT cannot change for you? I don't think Cisco would support this type of changes to the database directly. When you go through the tools we provide we put in certain checks in to make sure things are right for CCM to work correctly.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I think you are not able to change the CSS for any of the call forward fields, the External Data fields (Information, Directory, Messages...), the User or Network Hold Audio Source or the Media Resource Group List, External Phone Number Mask and so on.

I think I once tried to use BAT to change the Display and Description field of a group of autoregistered phones without luck. Does BAT support autoregisterd phones ?

Thanks Mckee for your reply,

Vidir

You can make updates to any phones in the system. In BAT go to configure -> phones and in the upper right you will see Update phones. Please take a look at this because it looks like it addresses some of the things that you mentions. You basically right limited queries and updating phones like that.

Let me know if this helps,

-Mckee

Cool - I hadn´t noticed this options. This really helped.

Thanks Mckee for your help :-)

Vidir

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Vidir,

If you are good at SQL and you want to get adventurous with call manager configuration have a look at

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/570/avvid/voice_ip/axl_soap/axl_api_down.html

This is supported by Cisco so it may help you out if BATs short coming don't help.

Paul

I will take a good look at this link :-)

Thanks Paul for your reply.

Vidir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: