Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT

Event Category: Job Engine

Event ID: 208

Date: 12/3/2002

Time: 2:15:00 AM

User: N/A

Computer: PLANTUNITY

Description:

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'SqlNightlyBackupJob' (0x26A330130BCC5F409A6B1F7B2D61F5EE) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2002-12-03 02:00:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 8 (Nightly UnityDb Backup Schedule). The last step to run was step 2 (DifferentialUnityDbBackup).

Does this indicate that a backup is failing? Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: SQLSERVERAGENT Warning in Event log

I've seen this type of thing when folks move their data stores or if they clean out some backup files from their system or the like. There are nightly backup scripts and weekly backup scripts which you can see in the SQL enterprise manager under Management\SQL Server Agent\Jobs.

The weekly task does a full backup of the UnityDB and Reports database and the nightly jobs do a differential backup. The weeklys run on Sunday nights I believe... if you do a differential backup and there's no full backup to base the delta off, it'll fail with a very similiar message to the one you're seeing.

If this sounds like it could be the case, you can sit tight till Sunday and it'll clear or you can force a full backup on your own to get it in place.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content