Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SRST and Interoffice Call

I have 3 remote offices in a centralize cluster solution. We have four digit dialing.

When in SRST mode, how can I call in four digit format from any office to the office in SRST mode.

PSTN provider is providing a centrex solution also.

10 REPLIES
Silver

Re: SRST and Interoffice Call

You can use voice translation-rule to accomplish this.

I want to call from IP Phones on the site controlled by CallManager to IP Phones on the SRST site (controlled by SRST router).

Cisco Employee

Actually the best way may be num-exp.

Example

num-exp 4... 14085554...

I have implemented and it works like a charm. There are limitations with the translation rules

I want to call from IP Phones on the site controlled by CallManager to IP Phones on the SRST site (controlled by SRST router).

So...what you are saying is your WAN link is down between the CM and the Remote site?

Your Remote site is in SRST Fallback?

I know the numbers for our FXO's that are connected to the Router. I call that number

call-manager-fallback

ip source-address 192.168.86.1 port 2000

max-ephones 24

max-dn 24

dialplan-pattern 1 888234.... extension-length 4

keepalive 10

default-destination 3350 <---would be the destination of the incoming call. The Attendant could then transfer the call to anyone locally or you can build at dial plan for H.323(SRST) to route the call.

access-code fxo 9

From what I have experienced, Remote site is Connected to CM. If call the site when the WAN is down the call is directed to the users voicemail.

I would be curious to know if CallManager could do something like a Route List for a remote site if the Wan link was unavailable.

The same happens to me. When the remote site is in SRST Fallback, all calls goes to voicemail.

Any solution?

In the Troubleshooting Cisco Ip Telephony book, in the SRST chapter, the author says:

If possible, have inbound calls for a remote site come in on a gateway local to that site, such as the SRST router. This lets you maintain both inbound and outbound calling in the event of a WAN failure.

With that statement I would conclude that the answer for right now is when the WAN fails, all calls will go to the users voicemail.

So your only option at this point would be to send your inbound calls over to the local gateway, but have your phones dial out over the WAN.

Cisco Employee

At the moment CCM does not have capability to hunt through next partition if the phone have voicemail box assigned. In the case of phones without any voice mail you can create second partition and match translation-rule which can forward the call to pstn gw.

Regards,

ketan

Thanks for the info. I atleast am going to work on it and see how it works for us.

Thanks Ketan

This is the information that I need.

Alex

Views
Helpful
Replies