Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRST -CLID 911 displayed on sets on incoming calls

When in SRST mode calls coming in on FXO ports display 911 as the CLID. I assume this is because for some reason they are being handled by the dial-peer we have configured for outgoing 911 calls but not sure.

Would the following config fix this?

R2(config-dial-peer)#clid network-number **********

We are using connection plar on the voice ports to forward incoming calls to voip phone extensions. I don't understand why this dial peer is being used to handle this rather than the dynamic voice ports created when the phones register with the router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: SRST -CLID 911 displayed on sets on incoming calls

u can debug the dialPeers to assure which is being selected for the incoming calls.

router# debug voice dialpeer | all:default:detail

router# terminal monitor (if not connected to the console port)

paste your config if you can, minus sensitive pieces.

yes, the clid network-number command is used to establish the callingParty number in the CLID for the router. (its sets the presentationIndicator to "y" and the screeningIndicator to "network-provided"

see this link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008041ef72.html#wp1104547

4 REPLIES
Blue

u can debug the dialPeers to assure which is being selected for the incoming calls.

router# debug voice dialpeer | all:default:detail

router# terminal monitor (if not connected to the console port)

paste your config if you can, minus sensitive pieces.

yes, the clid network-number command is used to establish the callingParty number in the CLID for the router. (its sets the presentationIndicator to "y" and the screeningIndicator to "network-provided"

see this link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008041ef72.html#wp1104547

Thanks gpulos. The link was helpful. I was having trouble finding that info.

I don't understand why, with a connection plar 7500 statement on say voice-port 2/0, that an incoming call wouldn't be handled directly by voice port 50/0/2 for example. All of our dial-peers are for outbound calls and there aren't any configured that would even match 7500. If i were to create one for 7500 how would I know that the phone is always going to be associated with the dynamic port of 50/0/2? The config is working (see attached) but I am curious as to how.

Bronze

All calls have an inbound and outbound call leg. Your inbound call leg is matching against the 911 dial peer for the inbound portion because it is the first dial peer listed that uses the port 2/0 (or 2/1 or 2/2 etc.) You could create a different dial peer and list it first to avoid the 911 match:

Dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 2/0

You would need this to be listed first in the running config so it matches before the 911 dial peer. I am not sure if giving it a more prefered preference than the 911 dial peer would also cause it to match first but you could try.

Ok that sounds like a good idea. I'm still confused as to why it needs a dial peer when using connection plar when it should already have created an association that basically says extension 7500? Oh that's currently registered on port 50/0/2, Ip addr 192.168.105.23 but I'm probably wracking my little brain for nothing since it's working which is the primary concern of course. Thanks alot!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content