cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST digit manipulation

jamesowen
Level 1
Level 1

When phones failover to SRST I have to manipulate the called number before sending it out the PRI. Users dial 9 for an outside line. On the callmanager the 9 is stripped before it hits the H323 gateway so that ten digits are sent to the Telco. In addition, if a 9 and then 7 digits are dialed on the callmanager, the 9 is stripped and the local area code prefixed to the called number so that, again, ten digits are sent to the gateway and to the telco.

With SRST no digit manipulation takes place before the calls are sent to the telco and the calls fail. What is the BEST way to configure the router so that the proper digit manipulation takes place? I have figured I can strip the 9 using a translation rule applied to the call-manager-fallback configuration, but how can I add the local area code when users dial 9 and seven digits so that ten digits are sent to the carrier?

Does anyone have a link they can send on how to use translation rules? I've searched endlessly and can find nothing.

Here's my call-manager-fallback config:

call-manager-fallback

ip source-address 10.101.0.1 port 2000

max-ephones 48

max-dn 96

transfer-pattern 44..

transfer-pattern 5000

access-code pri 9 direct-inward-dial

voicemail 5000

translate called 1

translation-rule 1

Rule 0 ^12.% 2

Rule 1 ^13.% 3

Rule 2 ^14.% 4

Rule 3 ^15.% 5

Rule 4 ^16.% 6

Rule 5 ^17.% 7

Rule 6 ^18.% 8

Rule 7 ^19.% 9

3 Replies 3

abdulr
Level 1
Level 1

This is what I would do.

If the gateway is MGCP, then configure the RP as 9.1XXXXXXXXXX and do a digit-strip in CM as predot.

If the gateway is H323 the configure the RP as 9.1XXXXXXXXXX and don't do any digit-strip in CM.

Configure the dial-peers in the router as the below, the below dial-peer config should work with H323/SRST and also for MGCP/SRST.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 911

port 1/0:23

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 9911

forward-digits 3

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

forward-digits 7

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

destination-pattern 91..........

forward-digits 11

!

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 011T

prefix 011

!

dial-peer voice 9000 pots

direct-inward-dial

incoming called-number .

!

call-manager-fallback

ip source-address 10.10.10.10 port 2000

max-ephones 48

max-dn 96

dialplan-pattern 1 8477376... extension-length 4

transfer-pattern .T

voicemail 918477376600

!

You can configure tranlation rules and apply it under SRST config, if you want to be able to do 4 digit dialing between the sites during SRST mode.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply. It is an H323 gateway. The problem in this case is that all numbers (except n11 and international) must be 10 digits going to the telco. So I could have a separate dial peers and accomplish this fairly easily. So I guess the issue is really only when 7 digit dialing comes into play when the phones are in fallback. How can I both strip the 9 and prefix the area code when the user dials 9 and seven digits. The area code in this is case is 919 so I suppose I could just prefix 91 to the number dialed, but that seems a little silly.

Would I be right in saying that if I prefix the 919 in the dial-peer AND use the 'access-code pri 9 direct-inward-dial' command that that would strip the 9 BEFORE it hits the dial-peer. That should give me what I want I think. I think. Depends on if that's the order that that happens I guess.

I'm not sure about the

access-code pri 9 direct-inward-dial but have been able to implement SRST and H323 without the above command.

let's say the local dialing is 737XXXX and the ten digits is 847737XXXX

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 97......

prefix 8477

!

The router will strip 97 and will prefix 8477 to the dialed number, so the resulting digit pattern being send to CO will be 8477XXXXXX.

The number of dial-peers will depend on how many local numbers are there.

Will post if I can think of an easier way to do it instead of one dial-peer for each local number.