cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST, how do I keep ephones from registering e164 to GK

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I'm running SRST v3.3 on a 2821, 12.4.8a. Under SRST mode, the ephone-dn registers as an E.164 number on the gatekeeper. Is there a command to not allow the ephon-dns to register to the GK?

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use the no-reg keyword in your dialplan-pattern command such as:

dialplan-pattern 1

40855550.. extension-length 4 no-reg

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks, Brandon. I should have been more clear. My extension numbers are 8 digit of the format 80025xxx. The command above will creat a second SRST dial-peer for those ephones that match the extension length and pattern....which works nice for DID....and yes, no-reg will keep that from registering to the gatekeeper. The extension length must be the same length as the phones registering to SRST.

However, my case case, I simply do not want 80025001, 80025002, etc, etc to register to the gatekeeper...and I am not trying to build a full 10 digit e164.

Any suggestions? thanks.

Not sure if I understand but try this:

Each ephone-dn allows you to assign a primary and secondary number to associate with the extension. You then have a choice to register both,either, or neither of these with the GK using the no-reg,no-reg primary, or no reg-both command options for the ephone-dn number command.

ephone-dn 1

number 1023 secondary 4085551023 no-reg primary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: