Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SRST Inbound numbers

Iam trying to find out how srst handles the inbound digits from the TELCO> I have tested a few scenarios and found the following. If I have 4 digits extensions and Telco send 4 digits all is okay. If I have 5 digit extensions and the TELCO sends 4 digits I need a num-exp statement to handle the digits. Next is I have 5 digit extensions and get 10 digits from the TELCO and I have NO num-exp statement , it works , why ?? I have tested all kinds of ways and I cannot make sense of this. basically it looks like you need the num-exp to match the TELCO digits but with 10 digits from teh TELCO it works fine without digit manipulation.

I am confused.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: SRST Inbound numbers

The phones are registered to the SRST router with say 5 digit extension. If DID is 5 digit, then fine, the router gets the 5 required digits and easily identifies the ephone-dn.

If 5 digit extension, and DID is 4 digit, then also it is clear that you will need to make the number as a 5-digit number for the SRST router to ring the ephone-dn. Hence you use num-exp.

Now the real questions, is why is it ringing when we have 5 digit extension and DID is 10 digit. In this case, you need a dialplan-pattern command to convert the 10 digit number to 5 digit. Does your config have this command? Can you post your config where you receive 10 digit from Telco and it rings a 5-digit extension?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content