Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

srst - limit phone registration

How do I limit which phones get registered to srst?

According to this forum discussion, it is suggested to set the phones you want registered with the default router and the phones you do not want to register change the default router.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.ee7437f

Would that require another small router on the same lan segment for the phones that I do not want to have srst enabled so they do not have an srst backup and still be able to route back to the primary location with call manager? Is there a better way to configure srst to accomplish limiting phone registration?

6 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: srst - limit phone registration

From the phone configuration page in ccmadmin, you can turn SRST on or off.

I believe that is a function in CM 3.3. I am running 3.2x. Is there another option that can be set on the router to accomplish this?

Bronze

3.2(2) does have the option, at the very bottom of the phone config page: "SRS Telephony".

3.3 Introduced the ability to define what IP the phone will try to register to.

I don't see the SRS option in my version of callmanager. I am running 3.3.2 Service pack C. Is there a parameter you have to turn on somewhere to make this setting available. The only way I can see to limit the phones is to make a seperate device pool and set the SRST Reference in the device pool to Disable and put the phones I don't want to register in this device pool.

Go to >SYSTEM>SRST and set up an SRST Reference. This then gets assigned at the device pool level, and you can then limit the phones that are SRST capable by applying them to that device pool.

Use the online-help on the CM, it's all there.

Thanks for the reply. I understand how to set it up if I were to use a different device pool but I was interested in what some of the previous posts were referring to which is that you can set whether or not a phone should register with SRST on the device configuration page for that phone. I'd rather tell a phone not to register on it's configuration page than having 2 device pools per location, one for srst and one without.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content