Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SRST Max. ephones

We are running SRST on 1750 Router at our remote office and it contains 11 IP Phones & one VG-248.The problem is that our 1750 Router supports max 30 ephones.When the router goes to SRST mode the VG-248 quickly register its 30 Analog phones with fallback(SRST) and the rest shows registration rejected message,Same with the IP Phones too.Is there any configuration to set priority level that IP Phones will register first with SRST then the remaining analog phones.Is there any possibility to utilize all IP Phones and VG-248 extensions using DN numbers.

Regards

M.Abdul Rahman

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: SRST Max. ephones

When I run into scenarios that have SRST with less licenses than actual devices I create 2 seperate device pools. In one device pool I program the correct SRST and in the other device pool I do not program SRST (none). I then put all of the devices that should have SRST (your 11 phones) into the device pool that does have SRST programmed and the remaining devices go into the device pool without SRST. When failover occurs the 11 phones will use the SRST licenses.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

No, but you can select which VG248 DNs you would like to register by sperating Device Pools, and applying SRST only to the one you want to register in SRST.

Chris

Hello,

Our Cisco re-seller has indicated that the VG248 will consume 48 licences of SRST even if only one(1) phone is set to have SRST.

As per these posts it seems that VG248 will only consume as many licences as ports that are configured for SRST.

In the first scenario, Device Pool 1 is normal and Device Pool 2 is SRST. One device on the VG248 is using Device Pool 2, but when the system goes SRST then 48 SRST licences are consumed by the VG248.

In the second scenario, when the system goes SRST, then only one(1) SRST licence is used by the VG248.

Can anyone clarify which is correct? We are a small rural hospital and the VG248 controls such phones as our elevators and entry doors. If the VG248 will use 48 licences even if only two phones are set to SRST, then this is a potentially significant impact on our IP phones in emergency departments and reception. If the VG248 only consumes the licences of the DN's using a SRST Device Pool, then we have no problems.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.