Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SRST not on default gateway router

In a CM 3.3 environment with SRST 3.0, should the SRST router be the same box as the default gateway? I have a site with about 60 users. They have an existing 2651XM on a point to point T1 line. I have a new 3725 with a single PRI and SRST and was going to deploy it as a dedicated voice gateway. Will this work and is it a wise thing to do?

Thanks,

Patrick

1 REPLY

Re: SRST not on default gateway router

CallManager 3.3 (and I believe they backported the functionality to 3.2(3) have a concept known as SRST References. SRST References allow you to do exactly what you are asking to do: Configure an arbitrary host to act as the SRST box. SRST References are found under System in CCMAdmin.

You assign SRST References to Device Pools, so in your case you would create SRST_REMOTE1 (with an IP of x.x.x.x), assign it to DP_REMOTE1, and ensure you Restart'd all phones in DP_REMOTE1 to make this change take effect.

There is nothing inherently wrong with this approach; many of my customers do this.

Views
Helpful
Replies