Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

srst on switch

Can I use 3550 or 3560 switch for srst?

7 REPLIES
Blue

Re: srst on switch

None of the switch platforms support SRST/CME.

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

No, switches willnot support SRST

Super Bronze

No - you can't use any stackable switches to run SRST.

You can however use an SRST router to switch - depending how many switch ports you need....

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Blue

None of the switch platforms support SRST/CME.

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

sorry to barge in to the topic.. I have 2 ethernet ports on 3640 router.I am using that as my SRST router. Can I cofigure one of the ethernet port as swicth port and connect an IP phone ? This is for my lab and want to play arround with QoS etc. I did not find the good way to do it..

Rav

Super Bronze

Hi rhegde

You can't (as far as I know) configure the port as a switch port, but you should be able to connect the phone to the port (with a crossover cable). Just don't configure the phone to use any specific voice vlan, and make sure it gets an address that is on the same subnet as the router ethernet port.

You may need to erase the config from the menu on the phone if you've already used a VVLAN as it may be stored in NVRAM.

If you want to learn QoS this probably isn't the best way to do it as you can't learn much about QoS at the L2 level... best to find/borrow a switch from somewhere...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the reply.. I was just trying to find some short cut to eliminate switch and convert my router in to switch router.

Views
Helpful
Replies