cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Problem with Translation Rule

tim_roper
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a 2620 with 2 FXS and 2 FXO ports at a remote site. The 2620 is running 12.2.8T. When these users call 911, I send out the phone number from one of the analog lines that is connected to the FXO. This way, 911 dispatch gets the correct address and a good call back number. Also, if the T1 goes down, we'll still be able to contact this remote site. However, when anyone calls this number, all they hear is a dial tone. Here is how I have my translation rule set up:

!

translation-rule 1

Rule 0 any 3160

!

!

voice-port 1/0/0

translate called 1

no comfort-noise

!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

dumartin
Level 1
Level 1

Do you mean when they call 3160 or 911? Can you add your dail-peers? If a number is called that the router cant handle on the analog port it will give a dial tone.

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

I think you must use H323 on a gateway that has SRST enabled. Try adding 'connection PLAR 3160' (or whatever the ext.# is) on the FXO voice ports. This way it will know what to do with the incoming call. This may upset MGCP so you might have to change to H323. You should not need the translation rule.

-Brian

Youa re correct the MGCP and SRST arent supported at the same time. You must use h323 for SRST. The connection PLAR will work. The reason he gets a tone is because there is no called number coming in on the port. So the router doesnt know what to do with it....except give a tone.

Thank you very much...I used the connection PLAR, and it's working like a charm. I'm guessing this is much more of a reliable way than with a translation rule on incoming called numbers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: