Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SRST Question

I have a customer using Cisco 7120 routers to terminate DS3 connectivity at remote sites. They wish to deploy 2600 series routers as voice gateways and use SRST. I thought I remembered reading in the docs that the SRST device had to be the default gateway on the local segment for SRST to function. Is this the case? In the customers IP addressing scheme, the 7120 is the default. Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: SRST Question

What you read is correct. At your remote sites, your DHCP server should give your clients the default gateway which has to be your local router for that segment. So, if I have 172.16.1.0/24 as my remote office network, then my default gateway(the ethernet interface of the remote office router) would look something like 172.16.1.1. The 2600 itself may have a default route pointing to the 7120, but the local devices will never know...they know that anything that I don't know how to get to has to be at 172.16.1.1. SRST will work in this configuration and I can post a working config if you need it.

Views
Helpful
Replies