cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST remote office failover

afeind
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to set up SRST on a remote site. I have a 2651 and have more than 24 phones at that site (52). Currently all 52 phones have the 2651 set as their default gateway. Is there a way to pick which 24 phones will register with the SRST on the 2651. We are a school district and it would be nice to tell the users that in the case of an emergency phone A, phone B, and Phone C will still work. I was looking for some way to force only 24 specific phones to register so that we could always know which phones would be active in case of a WAN Link failure.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

On the phone configuration page on the bottom you have SRS Telephony option, you can disable/enable it from there.

Marina

adahan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you are running CCM 3.1 you'll have to upgrade to 3.2 and up,

on CCm 3.2 you can find at phone configuration page at the bottom the parameter called "SRS Telephony" with drop down window: enable/disable.

This wil answer your needs.

Avi.

Since we are running C 3.1 there is no way via access-list or anything else. 3.2 addresses by phone whether or not you have SRST enabled?

Ok I was hoping there was a way to block/enable it at the router without having to touch my CM cluster. I will probably wait for CM 3.3 to come out before tackling this. Thanks!

3.1.3(a) has the feature of selecting phones for SRST. Since you are already running 3.1.x this should be a very painless upgrade. As for doing it on a router, there really is not an easy way unless you can put the phones that you do not want to have the SRST option and place them in a different VLAN that points their Default GW to something other than the SRST router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: