Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SRST slow ephone registration

Hi,

I have configured SRST on my CM server and my 2811 gateway.. Everything works fine once the phones have registered with the gateway.. The problem is though it takes some phones up to 5 minutes to register! Below is snippet from a debug on the gateway. I have 30 phones. On my lab setup with 2 phones, they register instantly.. Is the number of phones an issue ?

Thanks..

May 7 01:36:53.365: %IPPHONE-6-REG_ALARM: 13: Name=SEP00141CAA4BB8 Load=7.2(2.0) Last=CM-aborted-TCP

May 7 01:36:53.365: %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NEW: ephone-22:SEP00141CAA4BB8 IP:172.22.1.16 Socket:5 DeviceType:Phone has registered.

May 7 01:36:54.633: %IPPHONE-6-REG_ALARM: 13: Name=SEP001469A716A2 Load=7.2(2.0) Last=CM-aborted-TCP May 7 01:37:59.649:

%IPPHONE-6-UNREGISTER_ABNORMAL: ephone-29:SEP001469A716A2 IP:172.22.1.59 Socket:15 DeviceType:Phone has unregistered abnormally.

Matt.

3 REPLIES

Re: SRST slow ephone registration

Use the enterprise parameter to change the connection duration monitor value for all IP phones in the Cisco CallManager cluster. The default for the enterprise parameter is 120 seconds.

keep rate for helpfull posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the connection monitor duration determines the how frequently the phones check the connection to the CCMs when in failover.

My reading of the original question is that the phones are taking too long to failover in the first place.

The time it takes a phone to begin failover would be determined by the station keepalive timers (30 sec to the primary, 60 to secondary CCMs I think).

Maybe these parameters have been changed from their defaults.

It always seems to take 7912/7905 longer to failover in my experience so maybe different phone loads play a part.

I think otn-cco is stating that once the phones begin the SRST registration process it takes quite a while to complete the registration to the SRST gateway. Where are the phones getting DHCP from (router or DHCP server)? Do you have sepearate voice and data VLAN's?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content