Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SRST with Voice Mail

I have setup SRST and I am going to test this week. I am using a T1 PRI circuit. THe display of all my phones are a site codes and the last 4 digits of the DID. I have the VM setting to forward busy and noan to the VM pilot number. Is there a command in the dial-peer during SRST mode that I need to have incoming calls go to the right mail box.

Example I have a number of 1345000 on my phone my DID is 8345000 and in normal working mode all is well. Then if SRST kicks in and someone calls 8345000 I have the dial-plan pattern trans late to 1345000 it rings noan at this point how does the system know to put the caller in my Unity Mail box.

Also if someone dials 911 in SRST how will the system know to send the right DID to the PSAP instead of the 134XXXX.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: SRST with Voice Mail

I'll take a shot at answering your questions!

First of all where is the Unity server located, when in SRST are the calls to Unity going to be redirected via PSTN or LAN/WAN?

Also, what extensions are defined for the subscribers? Are they the site code + number?

Assuming that Unity is at the remote site (from what I gather) and the subscriber DNs are 7 digit including the site code, Unity will work fine.

If Unity is at central site and the WAN is down, calls to unity are redirected via PSTN you need to make sure that the telco support RDNIS, the redirected calls will arive with RDNIS of the original dialed number 8345000 and GW will see number of digits as agreed with the telco (ie 4 significant digits = 5000), this means you will need to translate these digits to 1345000 either at the GW (if h323) or CCM (you might be doing this already but only for the remote site GW Calling Search Space), the issue here is if you have multiple sites with overlapping DNs.

As to the 911 call, I belive the External Number Mask defined on the Line is preserved during SRST, and it will be send out correctly. If not you can always add translation rule to the 911 dial-peer.

Chris

The Unity server is in the central site so I figured getting two telcos to agree on RDNIS I would just forward out to a DID attached to a Call Handler and let it go into a genral mail box during WAN OUTAGE.

I just was reading about trans rules I have not done alot with H323 in about 2 years mostly MGCP with a single site.

Views
Helpful
Replies