Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ss7

hi

pls i need to know what hardware components must have a cisco AS5350 or AS5300 in order to start a voip with ss7/c7 connection to the telco in add to the software needed,

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ss7

Your question is very broad and should be addressed to your account manager/sales team. However here is a brief overview.

To terminate SS7 signalling coming from the CO, at a minimum you will need an SLT, a NAS box and a PGW. The SS7 signal is only understood and decoded by the PGW and then converted to ISDN signal to be sent over the VOIP network by the NAS gateway. The SLT separates the signalling from the bearer channels and passes the bearer channels to the NAS gateway and the signalling to the PGW. For the SLT you can use a 26XX/36XX series router and for the NAS gateway you can use AS5300/AS5350/AS5400, depending on your needs. AS5300 is not an ASAP gateway and therefore it has different DSP's for modem and voice.

tks a lot for answering :(you are a life saver)

i am a ccnp and the tech manger of the company and responsible for this project and all of our work is based on analog lines and now we are shifting to this new technology so no one here can help and this topic wasnt even mention in my ccnp studies.

now as i understand the PGW is a software that must be intalled on unix server right? can iorder this software from cisco? or where to get it?

-is the SLT an IOS that must be installed on the 26XX/36XX series router or some adds on

-what modules must be on AS5300 ,i already have one with 4E1 and 2 DSPM

handling 120 voice is this enough to start or do i have to put another modules?

-at last is there some configuration examples for the SLT and the AS5300?

tks very much again

Hi,

I think it was so long of this issue, and it seem right now no need to be posted again. Yes, PGW is a application running in Sun box as SunfireV120.

SLT is Cisco2611 or 2651 with a special E1 card and IOS for SS7 funtion, I think you should order it from Cisco

your AS5300 is OK, no need to upgrate any module else except you must run the IOS version 12.2.11T up.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.