Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard/alternate Greeting

lesterccna
Level 1
Level 1

HI All,

How can i record my greeting, something like this(eg. after 3 rings a message, then another 3 rings another message so on..) on ip phone 7940 or 7912.

Regards,

Lester

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can in Unity. Set the subscriber in unity to specify what you want to do after the caller has left a message... hang up, system transfers, etc.

Caller rings your first number

Leaves a message, Unity lets you take the message, not take a message and supply a command to hang up, or pick a function. (callhandler, system transfer etc)

so in your scenario:

Caller rings your first number 3 times

Rolls to Unity

Unity plays message

Unity will not take a message but do a system transfer to another ext. "Please wait will I transfer your call"

Unity transfer to ext.

Phone rings 3 times

rolls to Unity

repeat above.

Make sense?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

I dont think there is any such feature currently available on CallManager. The phones cannot record and store a greeting of their own

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can in Unity. Set the subscriber in unity to specify what you want to do after the caller has left a message... hang up, system transfers, etc.

Caller rings your first number

Leaves a message, Unity lets you take the message, not take a message and supply a command to hang up, or pick a function. (callhandler, system transfer etc)

so in your scenario:

Caller rings your first number 3 times

Rolls to Unity

Unity plays message

Unity will not take a message but do a system transfer to another ext. "Please wait will I transfer your call"

Unity transfer to ext.

Phone rings 3 times

rolls to Unity

repeat above.

Make sense?

Thank you very much, it really helps,

Regards,

Lester

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: