Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Standard/alternate Greeting

HI All,

How can i record my greeting, something like this(eg. after 3 rings a message, then another 3 rings another message so on..) on ip phone 7940 or 7912.

Regards,

Lester

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Standard/alternate Greeting

You can in Unity. Set the subscriber in unity to specify what you want to do after the caller has left a message... hang up, system transfers, etc.

Caller rings your first number

Leaves a message, Unity lets you take the message, not take a message and supply a command to hang up, or pick a function. (callhandler, system transfer etc)

so in your scenario:

Caller rings your first number 3 times

Rolls to Unity

Unity plays message

Unity will not take a message but do a system transfer to another ext. "Please wait will I transfer your call"

Unity transfer to ext.

Phone rings 3 times

rolls to Unity

repeat above.

Make sense?

3 REPLIES
Gold

I dont think there is any such feature currently available on CallManager. The phones cannot record and store a greeting of their own

You can in Unity. Set the subscriber in unity to specify what you want to do after the caller has left a message... hang up, system transfers, etc.

Caller rings your first number

Leaves a message, Unity lets you take the message, not take a message and supply a command to hang up, or pick a function. (callhandler, system transfer etc)

so in your scenario:

Caller rings your first number 3 times

Rolls to Unity

Unity plays message

Unity will not take a message but do a system transfer to another ext. "Please wait will I transfer your call"

Unity transfer to ext.

Phone rings 3 times

rolls to Unity

repeat above.

Make sense?

Thank you very much, it really helps,

Regards,

Lester

Views
Helpful
Replies