Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Standard Unity server install

My question should be painless. We are looking to install the Unity software on a Win2k server, but are not looking to be using the Unified messaging at this time. Our email server is a Domino server. If we decide to go the route of using the unified messaging, we will be using that server for that. My question is, do we have to install active directory just to use the Unity software for voicemail purposes for our IP phones? I have been told we need to install both exchange and active directory just for voicemail purposes. I want to make sure I get everything lined out prior to installation. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

1 REPLY

Re: Standard Unity server install

When you load Unity 4.x you hsve two CD's Data Store and Message Store that you have to load.

Data Store is basicly SQL2K for your subscribers.

Message store is for your recorded messages. I do believe weather or not you are storing email and faxes you still have to load it.

If you are going to migrate to Unified Messaging on your Domino Servers use that version of Unity and converge later. I would check with TAC if there are any caveats with Lotus before moving on. I know very little about Notes.

Views
Helpful
Replies