Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Startup Error (Compaq)

Our Unity 2.45 will not startup automatically on our Compaq Server. We get the following error in Event Viewer "Error obtaining SID for specified account 534" We CAN start the Unity Manually. Any Ideas?? <br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Startup Error (Compaq)

I'm assuming that error comes up from one of the AV components (AVServices?) during the startup process itself, correct?

I'd be interested in seeing which couple of events come right before and right after that... perhaps you could post a follow up. This will tell me which component is the guy throwing the message itself so I can narrow down the search a bit. The AVServices component is simply starting up a large number of modules in order... actually it loads, initializes then runs them in order. I suspect one of them is looking for something that's not yet loaded at some point in this process but whatever it's looking for gets loaded a little later so you can start manually after it fails.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Startup Error (Compaq)

If this is the same site that opened a ticket this morning with tech support, I have a couple things you can try.

Looking at the event logs Randy copied off the system today it appears that the PerfMonitor component is trying to initalize a handle to NT performance monitor interfaces and getting rejected... which is odd. This isn't a necessary component (it's used to log data to the performance monitor which can be interesting but is hardly mission critical).

You can take the PerfMon component out of the Unity startup sequence to see if it clears the problem (this will help me narrow down which engineer I need to hassle about the problem). Fire up MaestroTools (under the \commserver directory) and go to the "AVCsMgr Registry Editor" tab. On the list box to the right, select the "PerfMonitor" item (should be the 2nd or 3rd from the top) and move it to the left hand box. Click the "write registry" button at the bottom and restart your server and see if it comes up OK. If it does, that's what we'll need to know... if not, we'll have to come up with another game plan.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content