Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

startup of phones after upgrade to 3.2(1) takes very long

Hi,

I upgraded a callmanager 3.1(2c) to 3.2(1) on a lab-system (took 1 disk from callmanagers). But when I start up at the customer site, it takes about 1,5 hours before the phones are all up (130). I saw a lot of tftp timeout-errors.

Some phones wouldn't get the localization-files, 'Bad Graph File', I had to put the 3.1(2c) load in them, and then back to the new load and then it works fine..

The same occurred on our own system with 20 phones, even this took more than 1 hour.

Is this normal? Did anyone experience this? I have to upgrade a site with 800 phones soon, how many hours will this take?

Cheers.

Sascha

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: startup of phones after upgrade to 3.2(1) takes very long

That doesn’t seem right. With all those errors you might have some routing problems or something. I would definitely have things checked by Cisco’s tac.

Community Member

Re: startup of phones after upgrade to 3.2(1) takes very long

Hi ,

Is DHCP running on your Call-Manager ???

Because after a OS update or Call Manager Upgrade ,sometimes the DHCP services is stopped .So the phones cannot get the correct configuration from the DCHP and there is some problems to load it .

For TFTP error , You must go in TFTP Service parameter and change the address of the TFTP server . There is bug in version 3.2.1 concerning the TFTP address .

Go --->Services > Cisco TFTP>Select your TFTP Server >Advanced Option and change the field TFTP field* with the correct address of your Call Manager ( e.g 192.168.1.1 instead 127.0.0.1)

Normally , it will correct some of your problems ....

Let me know if these workaround are good for you

Thanks

Olivier

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content