Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status monitor

Unity Status Monitor won't start, error is:<br>HTTP 403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden Internet Information Services<br><br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: status monitor

Go to the IIS administration applet ("programs\ administrtation tools\ internet services manager" in Win2K) and check the properties on the "status" virtual directory entry. Make sure that on the virtual directory tab "execute permissions" are set to "scripts only" and that on the directory security tab under anonymous access it has only "integrated windows authentication" checked.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I had to remove and then re-install the Unity Package on Unity 2.4.6 (102) to fix this issue

Anonymous
N/A

They were actually fixed up with the suggestion I made here...

you should never have to reinstall Unity for such a problem like this unless you've damaged your installation some how (i.e. deleted portions of the Unity install or something along those lines). Having permissions removed from IIS is real common (i.e. security concsious admins making changes they don't realize will affect external stuff and the like).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Ran into that this morning. All you have to do is open your MMC for IIS on the unity server. Go to the saweb portion. Right click on saweb and select properties. Under the "Virtual Directory" tab look at the "Permissions" on the bottom. If you are getting the 403.1 error they are set to "none". You want them set on "script" for unity and on "Execute(including script)" for Outlook web.

Let me know if this helps.

John Bowser
Exchange Administrator - Augusta Medical Center
E-mail: jbowser@augustamed.com
office: 540-932-4715
PCS: 540-241-5569

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content