cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Status "notconnect" on 6608 blade

vidirk
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure 6608 blade for connection to PSTN but I am not able to change status of the port to connect (it has always "notconnect"). I know that the line to my PSTN provider is ok.

The Cat6509 is registered to my CCM cluster and is in the same device pool as the pone and in the same CSS as the phones.

8 Replies 8

vidirk
Level 1
Level 1

There must be some bug in WS-C6509 Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(1) because when I push "Reset Gateway" on the Gateway Configuration Page in CCM then the port which I am resetting on the 6608 comes back up with status notconnect.

I have to manually unplug the Cat5 cable from the port and plug it back in to get status "connected" !!!

Vidir

I have run 6.3(1) on a Cat6k with a 6608 module successfully. I currently have 6.2(3) that is running without problems on one Cat6k with 6608 modules. I have another Cat6k with 6.3(2) that shows ports connected., but has a problem with the “show port voice active”, it will never display any of the active calls. Apparently the display problem will be fixed in 7.1.

I would think 6.3(1) should work. So, I guess I really do not have anything helpful to say other than 6.3 is working on a couple of my Cat6k's.

Hi,

I have the same problem.Did you find any solution?

Thanks

Marina

Hi,

I haven´t found the solution for this problem. So when I need to update route patterns or some other parameters that affect the Gateway then I have to drive through half the city [ well this is Iceland so it is not that long way :-) ] to unplug the Cat5 and plug it back in

Vidir

Hi,

I have a TAC case opened, will let you know if it helps.I have another cat6k, i'll try to use it next week.I'll do my best to find a solution , cause i dont like 2 hour drives over there :(

Marina

Hi,

I have another Cat6509 (same sw version and modules) that is connected to different PSTN provider and there is no problem with the connection status there. Could it be related to the system that the PSTN provider is using ?

Vidir

BTW, make sure that 'Inhibit restarts at PRI initialization ' is checked on your gateway configuration page. I know it usually helps..not in my case though :(

jraarons
Level 1
Level 1

Are all ports configured for something ? Seems to be a documentation bug in that TAC recommends configuring all ports, even if it is all remaining ports as a conference bridge.

I have case C117279 open where I want to get a bugid or 6608 documentation corrected.

The below documentation is wrong, as other ports may become un-registered if left disabled or unconfigured. Either the documentation needs to be changed or a bug filed (or my engineer finds a problem).

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/ws_6608_conf_bridge.html

URL Note: If you do not configure or disable all of the ports on a WS-X6608 blade, the following system message will continually appear on your console screen and in your syslogs if you have them configured.

%SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) mod_num/port_num got reset asynchronously

This is the expected behavior for this blade. It does not affect system performance.