Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for MCS server upgrade within CCM3.3.3

I have a publisher which is IBM x340 machine running CallManager 3.3.3, we intend to upgrade this server to IBM x345 but I could not find anything relevant on this website ... we have tried backing up the data from the old machine and restore to the new machine but does not seems to work properly. Can anyone out there advice ?

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Steps for MCS server upgrade within CCM3.3.3

Try this link. it goes over replacing hardware during upgrade. don't let upgrade dissuade you, it is for a fresh install as well:

Replacing the server during Call Manager 3.3 upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_3/install/upgrade/hwupg33.htm

Geoff

I have tried task 2 but could not find the dbname.ini and backup.ini, the whole installation failed.

The other thing that I tried is to follow the steps on "Replacing the Publisher Database Server that is running Cisco CallManager 3.3 and I'm stuck at steps 7 because it requires connection to the production network, will it cause any harm to the rest of the subscriber ?

I have also tried upgrading to 3.3 on new hardware and after the StiBackup runs with no errors, I am also missing the dbname.ini and backup.ini files.

I then create the files manually using the procedure in http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCea15871 for recreating the two files manually.

There must be something wrong with my backup process on the Publisher because the restoration keeps failing at the end.

Is anyone else having issues backing up their publisher for a 3.3(3) Callmanager upgrade to new hardware? I am running StiBackup version 3.5.44.

Thanks

Bronze

when you run a backup on the server to be upgraded, i imagine it is 3.2x, you should have a file on the E:\ drive(sti_data) that has the "Recovery" folder in it. That is where the *.ini files are creadted. When you do a "new server install" option when you install the OS it formats the STI_DATA drive. You need to copy the Recovery Folder to that drive BEFORE installing Call Manager.

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content