Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

STI 3.5.44 restoring to 3.5.6 ?

Can someone explain this mystery?

Running CCM 3.1 4b with STI Backup 3.5.44. Replacing the server and building CCM 3.3 2. When building the server it will ask to import the data from either a network directory or some media. The STI backup version that is on the CD's provided by Cisco is 3.5.6.

Why do they recommend upgrading to STI 3.5.44 when performing a new server upgrade but your only importing it into the 3.5.6 version?

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: STI 3.5.44 restoring to 3.5.6 ?

The important part of the backup process when migrating to 3.3 is that the backup utility backs up the database in a format that is compatible with 3.3.

I recommend upgrading to 3.5.44 for the import anyways.

Re: STI 3.5.44 restoring to 3.5.6 ?

I would recommend the exact opposite.

CM 3.3.2 disks ship with 3.5.6, and the only problems I've ever had doing upgrades was when I tried to use a version other than what shipped on the disks.

I would reccomend downgrading your back up to whatever is on your CM install disks, carry out the upgrade and then upgrade to the latest backup version.

I'm not sure what version backup ships with CM 3.3.3 disks but if that's what you've got then that's what you should use.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies