My STI backup has been growing larger and larger in the past few months. I suspect it is because of the CDR/CMR records. Where do the CDR/CMR records sit? How do I offload these to a different box so as to reduce the size of my STI backups? Is there a way to circular log CDR records?
this is definitly because of the cdr's. they sit in database CDR, table "calldetailrecord" ( a.k.a. CDR.calldetailrecord )
you can do almost anything with the data.
my suggestion : backup the data. you can re-import the backup-file to a different server if you want to.
the gui-variant is ( USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND READ THE WHIOLE THING CAREFULLY BEFORE ACTING ) :
- open sql enterprise manager, select your callmanager server
- open the "management"-folder, right click on backup, and select "new backup device"
- specify the physical location of the backup device. (somewhere you pick the backups from with a tape drive?). name the device something like "CDR"
- then you open the "databases" folder, righclick on the CDR-database an select "All Tasks->Backup Database"
- at the "destination"-section make sure, only your newly created backup-device ist listed ( sql-server can backup to more than one device in parallel )
-if you click on OK now, the database will be backuped to the device. but you can also check "schedule", and implement a timetable for backing up.
in this case you have to make sure, that
a) the backup file itself gets backed up regularly
b) you have more than one backup-devices which get used circularly, NOTE : by default, the transaction-log gets cleared when you back up the database. therefor you cannot roll back to anything BERORE a backup.
after backup you can empty the table with following precedure ( BE SURE THE BACKUP WORKED !! ) :
- in sql server manager select CDR-database and do "Extras->Sql query analyzer"
- make sure, CDR-database is selected ( the window-title should be something like .CDR. )
- issue the command "truncate table calldetailrecord"
now the table is empty, the database-size should be smaller.
ATTENTION : since the table "calldetailrecord" is now empty, subsequent backups will save it in this state. BE SURE TO KEEP a copy of the fullsized backup file , before overwriting it.
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...
This document describe how DST changes and how time changes are
implemented in DST. Daylight Saving Time (DST) is the practice of
setting the clocks forward 1 hour from standard time during the summer
months, and back again in the fall, in order to make b...