Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

STI backup large

My STI backup has been growing larger and larger in the past few months. I suspect it is because of the CDR/CMR records. Where do the CDR/CMR records sit? How do I offload these to a different box so as to reduce the size of my STI backups? Is there a way to circular log CDR records?

1 REPLY

Re: STI backup large

hi there.

this is definitly because of the cdr's. they sit in database CDR, table "calldetailrecord" ( a.k.a. CDR.calldetailrecord )

you can do almost anything with the data.

my suggestion : backup the data. you can re-import the backup-file to a different server if you want to.

the gui-variant is ( USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND READ THE WHIOLE THING CAREFULLY BEFORE ACTING ) :

- open sql enterprise manager, select your callmanager server

- open the "management"-folder, right click on backup, and select "new backup device"

- specify the physical location of the backup device. (somewhere you pick the backups from with a tape drive?). name the device something like "CDR"

- then you open the "databases" folder, righclick on the CDR-database an select "All Tasks->Backup Database"

- at the "destination"-section make sure, only your newly created backup-device ist listed ( sql-server can backup to more than one device in parallel )

-if you click on OK now, the database will be backuped to the device. but you can also check "schedule", and implement a timetable for backing up.

in this case you have to make sure, that

a) the backup file itself gets backed up regularly

or

b) you have more than one backup-devices which get used circularly, NOTE : by default, the transaction-log gets cleared when you back up the database. therefor you cannot roll back to anything BERORE a backup.

after backup you can empty the table with following precedure ( BE SURE THE BACKUP WORKED !! ) :

- in sql server manager select CDR-database and do "Extras->Sql query analyzer"

- make sure, CDR-database is selected ( the window-title should be something like .CDR. )

- issue the command "truncate table calldetailrecord"

now the table is empty, the database-size should be smaller.

ATTENTION : since the table "calldetailrecord" is now empty, subsequent backups will save it in this state. BE SURE TO KEEP a copy of the fullsized backup file , before overwriting it.

hope this helps,

regards, gerhard

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content