Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Sticking Ports

I have an issue concerning ports that get permanently stuck in subscriber sign in mode. They can’t be reset unless you bounce Unity. The problem is very intermittent and I feel it is related to the new TTS engine in some way. We have a 2-session license for TTS and once 2 ports have locked up we get the “sorry this email cannot be read at this time, please try again later” message. This leads me to believe Unity thinks it is in two never-ending TTS sessions on the first two locked ports. As a precaution I disabled TTS and rebooted. As I suspected, there are no locked ports yet but it is too soon to tell for sure. Are there any known issues that could intermittently cause the TTS engine to cause a port to permanently lock in the subscriber sign in mode?<br><br>Here are my specs: Unity 2.4.6. build 102 interfaced to CallManager 3.09 via the 1.0.0.32 TSP. I have also upgraded the TTS engine with the latest beast of a patch.<br><br><br>

14 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Sticking Ports

We are having this problem too with the NEAXmail AD-120 from NEC. We are currently working with NEC and Jamie Stewart at Cicso to resolve this problem. We are also running version 2.4.6.102 and we have found that if you use the Status Monitor to reset the ports this will work and you will not have to restart your server.

Kevin Smith
West Edmonton Mall - Systems
Suite 3000, 8882 - 170 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T5T 4M2
Office: 780-444-5390
Fax: 780-444-5372

Community Member

Thanks Kevin,

Unfortunately, when we try to reset the port in Status Monitor it locks up IE and still doesn’t reset the port.

Community Member

I have this problem as well with Unity 2.46.102. Resetting the port in status monitor lock up IE.

I've had this happen about 2-3 times now and the only way to fix it is to restart Unity

Anonymous
N/A

I had this problem as well. It has to do with the incorrect install dates somewhere in the DOH. TAC was able to walk me through deleting the appropriate dates. By doing this, the correct dates defaulted in, and the problem went away.

Anonymous
N/A

Well... I don't want to directly contradict TAC here (I think you were working with Will on this, right?) but there are no dates stored in the DOH cache files that he had you delete before rebooting that would have caused this problem.

I believe it's a different issue at play and I'd really like to get into a system seeing this and poke around to see what's actually happening.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I am also having this problem. It seems this is happening if a user hangs up on an TTS session while an email is playing. Causing major trouble, help on this one would be greatly appreciated

Anonymous
N/A

Same symptom maybe, different problem. We've looked at a number of these port looping issues and they have a variety of causes (driver issues with Dialogic, call handler looping on itself etc...). I don't know of any problem with terminating a TTS session by hangup but there certainly could be one. Again, for these cases that there isn't a known configuration issue I can help you with, you need to contact TAC and get a ticket open so folks can look at what's going on and run it down.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Well, I have some more info regarding these "sticky" ports. After much testing we have discovered that we are not getting a voltage disconnect drop from the ports. I am working on a Nortel M1 switch. What seems to happen is that when someone is one the voicemail port doing their thing and hangup, the switch returns back dial tone. No voltage drop. The unity hears this dial tone for about 3 seconds and then drops the call, MOST of the time. It seems that whenever the ports get stuck, its in a TTS session that appears to have been hung up on. I decipher this because the client only has 2 licenses of TTS. When 2 ports get locked up using TTS the other users get the message "emails not available right now". I am assuming this is an out of license error. Also, voicemail messages are getting recorded with 3 seconds of dial tone at the back end of them. Any way that I can better compensate for the lack of volatge disconnect from the switch. Randy Peirce downloaded some trace files from the Unity last Friday if that would be of any help.

Anonymous
N/A

Yep, you are correct, the Meridian doesn't send any loop drop or reversal for a disconnect...just dial tone (as long as COS LDTA is programmed for the VM analog ports). That is just the way it is. At the bottom of this post there, is a tone definition that should detect Meridian dial tone. If you look closely, the CO Disconnect and Switch Disconnect appear to be backwards, but they really aren't.

Having dial-tone recorded at the end of a message is actually expected behavior. Dialogic takes 3-4 seconds to detect dial tone (based on the loaded tone template). During that detection time, it's still recording. Never fear, the MIU can trim back that dial tone out of the message. Try removing any previously loaded tones in the switch file and load these. You will also need to add/edit the following DWORD value in the registry...

HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\MIU\1.0\Initialization\Trim Disconnect Tones On Recordings=1

[Switch Disconnect Tone]
Frequency1=480
FrequencyDeviation1=100
Frequency2=620
FrequencyDeviation2=100
TimeOn1=250
TimeOnDeviation1=60
TimeOff1=250
TimeOffDeviation1=60
Cycles=8

[CO Disconnect Tone]
Frequency1=350
FrequencyDeviation1=100
Frequency2=440
FrequencyDeviation2=100
TimeOn1=4000

There might still be a problem with the TTS sessions that callers hang up on, but we should start out with this tone template.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

The registry hack worked perfectly. The TTS session still causes the ports to lock up. I input the parameters you indicated in as the tones and restarted Unity. No luck. I also ran Learn Tones for the disconnect and Co disconnect and restarted Unity. No Luck. What now?

Anonymous
N/A

So did the registry edit and the tone definition take care of the dial tone being recorded at the end of messages? When you said "no luck" does that mean that there is still the problem with TTS?

I wasn't really expecting the tone def to fix the TTS problem, but I figured what the heck. I did figure that it was going to fix the dial tone recording problem.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

TTS is still locking up ports. The Tone defintions did not solve the dial tone in the voicemails as I originally thought they would. I ran Learn Tones and found the tones that the utility found for Switch Disconnect and CO disconnect were off a great deal. Initial testing indicated to me that the dial tones were removed from the voicemails. I left test messages and no dial tone. That testing was done at about 2 am I am wondering if the switch is modifying the 'sounds' as it gets more busy.

Anonymous
N/A

For the dial tone issue, I really need to know what is in the switch file for tone definitions. The MIU does some math on the tone templates. It's easy to get it messed up. For the TTS problem, please contact Cisco TAC. It doesn't look like a case that is going to be efficiently solved via the forum.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Hi:

It appears that I am getting this issue also as of today. I am under the impression that a 'sticking port' is when the regular # of ports you have in Unity are no longer there?

For example, I have 16 however I only saw one in the Unity Status Monitor app and tried resetting. Unfortunately nothing would happen and I was forced to reboot which cleared it up. Again, this is the first time this has happened after being in production for about 3 weeks.

I would like to know what is the first thing I should look at? I looked at the thread and noticed a few things but I am unsure if this is helpful just to my case or others.

I have the .32 version of TSP but what else should I look at doing to assist others having this problem so collectivly we can resolve this?

Thanks,
Erik

Erik L. Vesneski
Internal Network Manager
www.epicentric.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content