cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop caller ID from forwarding information on extension forwards

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Call manager 4.0(2). I'm trying to find the switch to turn off the function that forwards caller ID information to a forwarded line. For example:

I have telephone "B" that is forwarded to phone "C". When phone "A" calls "B" and gets forwarded to phone "C", I want phone "C" to see that phone "B" is calling instead of seeing "A". Our local phone company is getting on my back about this because it's messes with their numbers (long distance calls through the network changed as local calls - as it should be - but the phone company still sees it as long distance). I?m sorry if this seems like a simple (n00b) issue, but I cannot find this anywhere. Thanks for any help!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jonathan,

You can change the forwarding information on a line by line basis. Have a look;

Forwarding Enhancements

Q. Is there anyway that I can on an incoming call show who redirected the call to me?

A. Yes, in Cisco CallManager 4.0, the system administrator can configure the information that is displayed when a phone is forwarded. The following information is available for display: Original Dialed Number (ODN) (Enable); Redirected Dialed Number (RDN) (Disable); Calling Line ID (CLID) (Enable); Calling Name ID (CNID) (Disable). Each of the listed parameters is configurable on a line appearance basis.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a00801f8e18.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Maybe I had better rephrase the situation.

Telephone "B"(internal extension) is forwarded to telephone "C" (cell phone - not part of network in any way). Telephone "A"(internal extension just like "B") calls "B" - call is directed to "C" (my cell phone). I need my cell phone to receive the caller ID information of extension "B", not "A"(the extension that placed the call). Is this possible? If so, is there a system-wide setting, or would I have to set this manually on every phone?

Thanks for the reply Rob, but it wasn't what I'm looking for.

I assume you are routing the calls out the site with a PRI? You could have Phone B forward all calls to a Translation Pattern that would do a Calling Party transformation to being Phone B.